Hello out there in Blogger Land! I've been so miserable I forgot the purpose of my blog. I started this thing so I could journal my "progress"and reflect back on all my milestones.
So let's get ya'll up to speed shall we...
The Good
I've lost 40lbs
I've been advanced to Stage 3-mushy foods
I can finish a shower without passing out
My breath doesn't smell like donkey butt
The support from friends and family
The Bad
I'm still having swelling/swallowing issues
Going back to work next week
Feeling like I had a death in the family (food)
All the pills/vitamins
The Ugly
My thighs
I under estimated how hard this journey would be. Even though things are improving I still regret my decision. That feeling is slowly going away now that my good days are out-numbering the bad. Hopefully once I develop a routine and better learn my limitations the feeling will disappear completely.
If anybody still remembers me I would love to hear how you started back. Thinking about dusting myself off and returning to work makes me nauseous. I have a fear that I will eat something and be hanging over the toilet in my office with my boss holding my hair back.
As you see any tips will be helpful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I personally feel that some of the post-op diets are too extreme. Mine was clear liquids 48 hrs, full liquids for a week, mushies for a week then regular food. I really didn't feel "normal" until I got back to regular food. Not sure if your post-op diet is effecting your feelings about the surgery, but just a thought. Glad the good days are more than the bad.
ReplyDelete41 lost is realy great. The good days will become more and more, hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThat weight loss is awesome! I will continue to pray for you and I hope you come to like (not love) your decision and I know the journey is hard, but I'm here for you.
ReplyDelete