Thursday, August 23, 2012

Even if you don’t recognize me, I’m here!


OMG I didn’t recognize you!  That phase is repeated to me at least once per day.  Depending on the person I am sometimes flattered and other times annoyed.  I fully embrace the fact that over the past two years I have changed in so many different ways. With that being said I am still very much the same person.  Or should I say this is the real me.  This is the person I lost so many years ago

So let’s get you up to speed:

Gastric Bypass Surgery:  August, 23, 2010
Starting Weight:  256
Weight as of 8/23/12:  152
Post surgical complications:  ulcer, GERD

Two years down and holding firm….literally.  I am still amazed at how much things have changed from two years ago.  The only thing that remains the same is the scale.  I love that my body picks a number and sticks with it!

Over the past year I have been able to increase my food intake (not necessarily a good thing) and my diet has more variety.  The good part of that is I usually don’t go past 154 on the scale.  I will be honest and say that I don’t do any formal exercising, BUT I do lead a more active lifestyle.  I haven’t run any road races, but I am getting up and off the couch more than ever….and for me that is a huge change.

I still have regular stomach aches which sometime turn into hospital visits.  I am on a variety of acid reducers to prevent that, but sometimes the pain is just too severe.  There are a few other complications but will spare you the details.  Let’s just say things don’t move as they used too…

The dust has settled and I am finally comfortable in my own skin.  I have slowly begun to make some long overdue changes in my life.   They haven't all been easy, but they were very necessary.  I can honestly say I have "Lost My Waist and Regained My Mind"

I would like to leave you with lyrics from one of my favorite R&B artist’s Jill Scott. I play this song every single day.  It’s to remind myself that “You is kind. You is smart. You is important” ~ The Help

Jill Scott “Still Here”

I am a boisterous river
I am a mountains story
I am a quiet feeling
I am a fragrant flower
I am a moonlit evening
I am a peaceful night
I am a writers thinking
I am a wealth unfathomed
And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here
And if you don’t recognize me, I am here

I am a source of power
I am excited journey
I am the rock of patience
I am a whisper singing
I am unbridled freedom
I am the thought from thinking
I am a love unshattered
I am the great orgasm

And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here
And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here

And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here
And even if you don’t recognize me


And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here
And even if you don’t recognize me, I am, oh, I’m still here


Even if you don’t recognize me, I’m here, I’m here, I’m here



Thank you for listening

4 comments:

  1. We've been friends for over 23 yrs.... I'm proud to say.... I'm still here TOO!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been in my corner since the beginning of everything. I love you and so thankful your still here...in my corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another available treatment option that can be done at
    home without a prescription is a topical ointment.
    Fortunately, there are a variety of skin tag removal treatments you can use.
    Click OK and wait a second or two for the effect
    to be applied.

    Here is my page moles warts and skin tags removal :: :
    :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Made Skin Tag Removal - 5 Tips For Home Skin Tags Removal Do you
    have problems with skin tags and don't know what to do. I would also like to dismiss the earlier notion that developing of genital skin tags should not be misunderstood towards developing any sexually transmitted diseases. Click OK and wait a second or two for the effect to be applied.

    my weblog: are skin tags cancerous ()

    ReplyDelete