Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Would you rather be Fat and Happy or Skinny and Sad?

The Today Show asked that question this morning and it really got me thinking. I'm so unhappy being fat that I willing to do just about anything to be skinny. Would I be willing to risk my happiness for it? I guess that would be going a bit far. Hopefully with my new therapist I can have my happiness and my skinny jeans too.

So speaking of the therapist it didn't go that bad. I've been in therapy before so I knew what to expect for the most part. Yesterday's visit was an overview of me. She did agree that I have A LOT going on. Having someone to talk to and tackle one issue at a time wouldn't be the worst thing. Another thing we are going to work on is the emotional eating. After the surgery I'm going to need to channel my emotions elsewhere instead of inside a double cheese pizza. So I guess this is the first step of the regaining my mind part...

Here is the link to the Today Show piece..very interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment